Being prepared for certain plumbing events is the difference between safely handling a situation and standing in a room with flooded sewage water. There are a number of ways to prepare yourself when it comes to the plumbing inside your home. An important way to keep yourself prepared is to have the proper tools on deck if a problem does occur. Here are 5 different plumbing tools every homeowner should have inside their home:
- An adjustable wrench. They’re multi-use and multi-functional with the ability to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts of all varieties.
- A plunger. While this may seem like a no-brainer, there are certain plungers that every homeowner should have: a cup plunger and a flange plunger. The cup plunger does the job of cleaning our drain clogs in sinks, tub or anywhere else where the drain is on a flat surface. The flange plunger is the best for toilets due to the additional soft rubber coming from the cup. Both of these are crucial to have on hand because you never know when something will happen.
- A pipe wrench. A pipe wrench enables you to tighten or loosen things that are difficult to grip with other tools. This makes a pipe wrench one of the ideal home plumbing tools to have on hand.
- An auger and a snake. An auger and a snake are for drain clogs that your average plunger can’t quite handle. An auger is typically used for a toilet, typically and designed to move through the toilet drain to pull out any potential clogs. The snake has the ability to be used on different appliances, such as tubs, showers and sinks.
- A roll of duct tape. Duct tape should be on hand for emergency quick fixes. It can create a seal in and around a leak that will have the water blocked off from making its way out. It is a very temporary solution; you will need to find a permanent solution very soon after.
Make sure you have these tools handy, just in case you are in need of them. Give Nebrasky a call at 800.989.0299 for any questions you may have about your plumbing, heating and cooling needs!