It’s hard to believe that it is already mid-August! Parents are getting their children ready for back to school, with some preparing to leave home for the first time. Now is the perfect time to prepare your HVAC system for the fall. Our end of summer maintenance checklist will keep your home in top shape!
End of Summer HVAC Checklist
• Be sure to check your thermostat settings to prepare for the weather changes ahead. Consider a system like the Nest Learning Thermostat, which helps you save energy by programming itself!
• Adjust to an empty house – with children in school, it might make sense to turn off your air-conditioning unit throughout the day if no one is home.
• Trim any trees, brush or leaves that obstruct your HVAC system to prevent future problems with the unit. These obstructing items can also be a fire hazard.
• Clean or change your air filters as necessary. A dirty filter can damage your unit and reduce efficiency.
• Set up an appointment for seasonal maintenance. A professional air conditioning contractor should inspect your unit to ensure it is free from leaks and running smoothly.
At Nebrasky, our certified and professional staff offer exceptional expertise whether you are looking for system maintenance or full premier installation. Call us today at 1-800-989-0299 to schedule an appointment.