With autumn on its way, now is the perfect time to think about the ways that you can preserve energy during the cool months ahead. With a little TLC and at little to no expense, you can ensure maximum energy and financial savings for the fall season!
Here are some handy, energy-saving tips:
• Did you know water heating accounts for 18% of the energy consumed in your home? Lower the temperature of your home’s water heater to save energy.
• During the day you can warm your home with natural sunlight by opening window curtains. Be sure to also close these curtains after sunset to reduce the chill from outdoors.
• When you are home, reduce the temperature on your thermostat to the lowest comfortable setting. When you leave the house or while you are asleep, reduce the temperature 10-15 degrees cooler to save additional energy.
• Consider the Nest Learning Thermostat, which helps you save energy by learning from your habits and programming itself.
• Be sure all ducts are properly sealed and contain no holes or leaks. Leaks, holes or poorly connected ducts will lead to a drafty home and a higher energy bill.
• Consider replacing your heating system with a newer, more efficient model. Most New Yorkers qualify for a FREE or reduced-cost comprehensive home energy assessment, which will tell you how you can make your home more comfortable year-round and save on energy costs by taking advantage of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
Our staff is certified, up-to-date in HVAC heating, ventilation and air conditioning fields, and we’ve been trusted by homeowners for decades. Call us today at 1-800-989-0299 to discuss your needs or to set up an appointment.