Here at Nebrasky, we get a lot of the same questions from our customers. In this blog we’ll address these questions and attempt to help you understand how your home’s plumbing, heating and cooling systems work.
- How can I prolong the life of my plumbing fixtures and water heater? Installing a water softener or water conditioner is the best way to extend the life of your plumbing fixtures. These systems are designed to stop scale build up, protect pipes and fixtures and make all appliances that use water, more efficient.
- Why does my drain get clogged? Most frequently, drains get clogged because of the oil residue from soaps, shampoos and hair. It is recommended that you are conscious of what you put down your drains and treat them regularly with a drain cleaner.
- What causes my faucet to drip? This usually means that there is some internal damage in your faucet. To prevent this from happening, try gently turning off your faucets rather than forcefully.
- Is it okay for my toilet to always be running? This is not only an annoyance, but also a waste of water and money. Leaky toilets can cost almost $100 extra per year on your water bills. If this is happening to you, your toilet may need some parts replaced.
- When I use my dishwasher, water backs up into the garbage disposal. Why? This is generally caused by food being left in the disposal. Grinding up forgotten about food particles and then sending them through the drain pipes will clog up your drainage system. Since the dishwasher and the garbage disposal share the same drainage pipes, a small issue can quickly become a big one.
As always, Nebrasky is here to help. If you have a question that is not on this list, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 800.989.0299.