As a homeowner, it is important to know how to tell if your plumbing needs attention, so that the small issues do not turn into larger ones. Although the majority of your plumbing is hidden, there are some outward signs that your plumbing system needs attention.
- Low water pressure. This issue is very common and there are a different number of things that could cause this issue. Most of the time, low water pressure is due to a leak in your system, a clog somewhere in your pipes or poorly sized pipes that do not do a good job at providing water pressure.
- Weird sounds from your faucet. Have you ever turned on your faucet and heard a weird, alarming sound? Any sound coming from your pipes is an indication that there may be air in them, which means that there is something wrong with your bleed-off system.
- Stains or walls that are damaged. If there is a brownish stain on your ceiling below your bathroom, this can indicate a plumbing leak. Warped or stained walls can be a sign of a leaking pipe or accumulating water.
- Bad smells coming from the drains. There are some different reasons as to why your drains may have a nasty scent. If the smell is coming from the kitchen sink, this may just be food decaying in the drainpipe. If you smell rotten eggs coming from your drains, this could be a blocked drain vent that has allowed sewer gas into your pipes and into your home. If you notice a smell coming from all drains and frequent clogging, this could be a sign of a damaged sewer line.
- Slow drains. Most of the time, a slow drain indicates a blockage in the pipes. Drain cleaning with a drain snake may be able to take care of the blockage if it is minor, yet this may not work if you’re dealing with a more severe blockage.
If your home is dealing with any of these issues, give Nebrasky a call at 800.989.0299 and schedule an appointment today! We are available 24/7, 365 days a year.