Pets are a key part of your family and home. In order to keep them, and the rest of your family, comfortable you have to keep up with the welfare of your HVAC system. Having cats and dogs can pose an additional threat, so check out these easy tips on how to combat it:
- A clean pet leads to a clean HVAC system. Oftentimes pets shed more than you realize, even if you bathe and brush them on a regular basis. Fur and dander floating around in your air will make its way to your air filters, causing them to clog up and be less effective.
- Dust and vacuum often. Being proactive is the best way to keep your HVAC running smoothly. In order to avoid clogged filters, you should be sure to dust and vacuum up as many allergens as possible before they get into your system.
- Change your filter regularly. Check and replace your filter at least once a month to ensure that you’re not threatening the longevity of your HVAC system or the cleanliness of your home.
- Protect your pet and unit from getting hurt. Cats and dogs like to dig and claw; this is where your outdoor condenser unit may become compromised. In order to protect your furry friend and prevent costly damages to your unit, put a barrier around it.
- Upgrade your air filter. There are filters designed specially to trap fur and dander before they get the chance to harm your system. These can be a good option for you if you can’t seem to get control of it. Just make sure the filter isn’t too powerful or unfit for your HVAC unit.
If you live with a cat or dog and want to know how to preserve your HVAC system, give Nebrasky Plumbing, Heating & Cooling a call today at (800) 989-0299!