A warm house during the winter is a feeling like no other, yet sometimes turning up the heat can start to dig into your pockets more than you would like. Here are some ways to stay nice and toasty during the cold season while also saving money:
- Move your furniture away from the radiator. Although you may feel toasty while you are sitting on the couch right by the radiator, it blocks the hot air from circulating throughout the entire room.
- Use as much insulation as possible in order to make sure that the heat isn’t lost in your roof or the walls, causing you to constantly turn up your heat.
- Make sure that there are no drafts in your home. The number one cause to an uncomfortably cold home are windows and doors allowing the freezing air inside your home. Any rubber seal around your doors and windows will help keep the cold air where it belongs and make sure that your home is as cozy as can be. This can be done yourself at a very low cost.
- Replace your old boiler. If your boiler is more than a decade old, it is time to purchase a new one. The old boiler in your home may be costing you more money, as it uses more energy to properly work.
- Let the sunlight in during the day. Leaving the curtains open on a sunny day can help the heat get into your household, instead of the curtains being closed and absorbing all of the heat.
Here at Nebrasky, we specialize in cost-saving heating units. If you need any repairs, or a check-up to make sure your heating unit is working at its best, give us a call at 800.989.0299.