Ever experience a pipe burst? If your pipes are not properly insulated, they can easily burst as the air starts to warm up after the winter season. As this winter is soon approaching us, you want to make sure that your pipes are properly insulated. Here are a few ways you can make sure your pipes are safe from the brisk winter weather.
- Wrap the pipes with a pipe insulator such as regular fiberglass and plastic, foil-backed fiberglass, foil-backed natural cotton and rubber pipe insulation tape.
- Use tubular sleeves when you need to cover more pipe. The sleeves are available in 6-foot tubes, and installation is simple.
- You want to consider the R-value of the insulation. R-value means the resistance to heat flow of the material. The lower the R-value the lower the insulating power.
- Clean pipes before-hand to ensure that the insulation will stick.
- Check the pipe insulation before each winter season. Do not wait until it’s too late.
You can call Nebrasky Plumbing, Heating & Cooling at 1-800-989-0299 if you have any questions or concerns about your insulation.