Students learn about the value of hard work and the many opportunities available to them
MONROE, N.Y. (December 21, 2017) – Earlier this month, Paul Nebrasky, owner of Nebrasky Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, gathered with a panel of local professionals on the Washingtonville High School stage prepared to educate students on various career possibilities.
The assembly was planned and orchestrated by Washingtonville High School Math Tech teacher Melissa Benjamin and Frank Napolitano, who is a Student Teacher at Mount Saint Mary College. This event was organized to expose students to real-life applications of what they learn in the classroom, while motivating them to explore the many available career opportunities. Nearly 60 students met in the auditorium to hear 10 professionals across several industries speak. Each individual speaker was given five minutes to talk about their education, profession and relevant skillset. Afterward, the students had the opportunity to ask the panelists questions in a group setting as well as mingle with them individually.
“Being able to speak with the students of the Washingtonville High School Math Tech class was a great experience,” said Paul Nebrasky. “It’s always a pleasure to get to know more members within the community that we serve.”
In addition to Nebrasky, the panel included a variety of individuals:
- An Administrative Assistant at Down State Correctional Facility
- A recent college graduate
- A Physical Therapist and Assistant Executive Director of Clinical Services at Sullivan ARC
- A Senior Childcare Worker at Children’s Home of Poughkeepsie and WHS Alumni
- Two Corrections Officers at Down State Correctional Facility
- A Police Officer at Mount Hope Police Department and Supervisor at NYS Highway Department
- A Lawyer at Larkin Ingrassia & Tepermayster Law, LLP
- A Market Research Consultant at IRI
About Nebrasky Plumbing & Heating
Located in Monroe, N.Y., Nebrasky Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has been serving residential and business customers since 1988. The company has a staff of 30, and provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. For additional information, visit www.nebraskyplumbing.com or call 1-800-989-0299.